- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed, rinsed and roughly chopped (I leave the skin on)
- 1 pkg organic, sprouted corn tortillas
- 2 Cups coconut oil
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 Cup red cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ Cup soy-free veganaise
- 1-2 Tbsp organic siracha
- Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
For mashed sweet potatoes
- Add chopped potatoes into a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 5-8 minutes. Drain.
- In the same pot, heat the coconut milk and garlic, and add potatoes back in. Mash with a masher, adding in the sea salt and black pepper.
For fried tortillas
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the coconut oil on medium heat. When it’s reached heat, use tongs to dip a corn tortilla in the oil, letting it fry for a few seconds. Flip it over to fry the other side. Keep flipping it a few times until the tortilla is crispy. Set aside and repeat the same process with the remaining tortillas.
For spicy aioli
- In a small bowl, mix together the Veganaise and Siracha, adding more Siracha as needed for desired spiciness.
When the amount of desired tortillas are fried, and the mashed sweet potatoes are done, place a large spoonful of the potatoes on each tortilla and spread evenly. Top with avocado, red cabbage, cilantro and spicy aioli. Enjoy!